Influenza commonly known as flu is caused by a virus and there is no cure for it yet. It may lead to fever, nasal congestion, fatigue and much more. Since there is no cure for it, antibiotics cannot help much if you are diagnosed with influenza. However, this doesn’t mean that there is no way to ease the flu symptoms. While visiting a General Physician in Karachi can help, here are some home remedies to treat your mild to moderate flu at home, here is a list:
One of the great ways to ease flu symptoms is by drinking warm chicken or beef bone broth. Bone broth can instantly make you feel energized and refreshed. Also, it can keep you hydrated which is important as you may be experiencing water loss due to flu.
Warm bone broth is also good for breaking sinus congestion. Moreover, it is rich in nutrients like sodium and potassium so it can help your immune system in fighting against the flu.
Here is what you need to do to make bone broth:
- In a pot add two cups of water along with beef or chicken bones.
- Let this pot boil until one cup of water is left.
- Turn the flame off.
- Pour the broth and drink it when it warm
- , all you have to do is boil beef or chicken bones. Not only that, but you can also store the rest of the broth in the freezer and use it in portions.
2. Include Zinc in Your Diet:
Zinc is known to be of great aid in fighting against flu or cold. Also, it helps your body in making white blood cells that fight germs, which is a great benefit for your immune system.
Visit The Site: artdailymagazine
You can either take zinc in the form of tablets or increase your intake of foods that have a high zinc content. Some foods that are high in zinc are:
- Red meat
3. Make Some Spice Tea:
Several spices have antiviral properties that can help in relieving flu symptoms. For example, star anise is a spice that was used to extract oseltamivir. Oseltamivir phosphate is often a main ingredient in medications that help fight flu symptoms.
Visit this site: topmagazines
Click here: Newmags
Visit The latest website: 9xnews
Latest website: Newsmartzone.com
Moreover, there are some spices except star anise that have antibacterial properties and can help with flu symptoms. You can make your tea by including spices from your kitchen cabinet like star anise, green tea, turmeric, ginger, and garlic. You can also include honey as a natural sweetener in your herbal tea. In that way, you will avoid artificial sweeteners and have some extra help in fighting the flu. Because honey is known to fight against different types of viruses due to its antiviral properties.
Here is how you can prepare your spice tea:
- Heat up one cup of water in a pot.
- When it starts boiling add all your desired spices.
- Let it boil for a minute.
- Turn the flame off.
- Add one teaspoon of honey and pour it.
- Let it come down to a drinkable temperature and drink it.
4. Gargle with Salt Water:
Gargling with salt water can help in relieving the flu symptoms and soothing a sore throat. Also, it can help in clearing the mucous too. Thus, to gargle with salt water, you need to:
Read More About: mediaposts.net
- Heat the water and then let it sit to the point when it is almost at room temperature.
- Now, mix half tsp of salt with one cup of warm water to make it a little salty.
- Next, sip on this saltwater and pull it to the back of your throat.
- Gargle the salt water in the back of your throat as long as possible.
- Now spit this water out and repeat by sipping some more salt water.
- You can gargle 2 to 4 times in a day until your flu goes away.Visit The Site: magazineview
Other than using these home remedies, you must keep yourself hydrated and get enough sleep. It is important to give your body the break it needs. However, if the flu symptoms still worsen, it is better to visit a doctor in your town by scheduling your appointment through oladoc.com.
Read More About: medianewsfire