A plastic surgeon specializes in the surgical enhancement of the breast, skin, face, and body. They are trained to use surgical techniques to reshape or restore the form and function of different body parts. They may perform facial implants, botox, breast augmentation, breast lifts, injectable fillers, and chemical peels. Your Plastic surgeon Fort Worth also treats people with skin care concerns using laser treatments.
Services to expect from a plastic surgeon
A plastic surgeon offers a wide range of services; some of the services that you can expect from a plastic surgeon include the following:
Facial procedures are a common type of plastic surgery that can help to improve the appearance and proportion of the face. Some of the most popular facial procedures include:
- Facial implant is a surgical procedure in which an implant, typically made of a synthetic material such as silicone or polyethylene, is placed in the face to enhance or augment certain facial features. The implant can add volume to the cheeks, chin, jawline, or other areas of the face and can balance out facial proportions or create a more defined or youthful appearance.
- Botox: Botox is injected into specific facial muscles that cause wrinkles and fine lines using a very fine needle. The injections work by blocking the nerve signals that cause the muscles to contract, which reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the face.
- Chemical peels: It is a cosmetic treatment that uses a solution to remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells from the face. This can help to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne and acne scars, age spots, and uneven pigmentation.
Breast procedures help improve the breasts’ shape, size, and symmetry. Some of the most popular breast procedures include:
- Breast augmentation: Also known as augmentation mammoplasty, this procedure involves using breast implants (silicone or saline) to increase the size and fullness of the breasts.
- Breast lift: Also known as mastopexy, a breast lift procedure can help to lift and reshape sagging breasts, providing a more youthful and perky appearance.
- Breast reduction: This procedure, also known as reduction mammoplasty, can help to reduce the size of the breasts by removing excess skin, fat, and tissue. This procedure can help to alleviate pain and discomfort caused by overly large breasts.
These procedures can help to remove excess fat and skin and improve the shape and contour of the body. They include:
- Liposuction: Also known as lipoplasty, this procedure involves using a hollow stainless steel tube called a cannula to remove excess fat from specific areas of the body, such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, and buttocks.
- Tummy tuck: Also known as abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck procedure can help remove excess skin and fat from the abdomen and tighten the abdominal wall muscles. This can help to create a flatter and more toned appearance.
- Body lift: This procedure can help to remove excess skin and fat from various areas of the body, such as the thighs, buttocks, and upper arms. This procedure can also help improve the appearance of cellulite, leaving the skin looking firmer and smoother.
If you want these procedures, consult your plastic surgeon at Polavarapu Plastic Surgery, PLLC.