Blood vessels play a crucial role in maintaining proper circulation throughout the body. Several medical issues can affect blood vessels. This condition is termed as ‘Vascular Diseases’. These diseases can range from relatively mild conditions to life-threatening emergencies.
At Scottsdale Vascular clinic there are experienced specialists that offer advanced treatment options for various vascular diseases. Let’s explores the different types of vascular diseases and the innovative treatment approaches available in Scottsdale.
Types of Vascular Diseases:
- Atherosclerosis: When plaque buildups within your arteries the blood vessels narrow and slowly harden. It restricts blood flow, which increases the chances of –
- Heart attack
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD).
Medical experts use a combines approach to manage atherosclerosis. It includes –
- Lifestyle modifications
- Minimally invasive procedures [angioplasty & stent placement]
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD): When the arteries, especially in legs get affected, it causes –
- Reduced mobility.
Vascular specialists use cutting-edge diagnostic tools to assess the level of arterial blockages. Treatment options may include –
- Exercise programs
- Surgical interventions [bypass surgery or angioplasty].
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) & Pulmonary Embolism (PE): When your deep veins struggle with blood clot formation, the condition is termed as DVT. When these clot/s travel towards your lungs it triggers pulmonary embolism, which can be lethal.
To avoid life-threatening conditions the Scottsdale’s medical community employs –
- Anticoagulant medications
- Thrombolytic therapy
- Vascular filters
- Aortic Aneurysms: When your main artery Aorta is swollen or a bulge is formed the condition is called ‘Aortic Aneurysms’. If you ignore treatment, it can suddenly rupture and cause severe internal bleeding.
The vascular surgeons perform both open and endovascular procedures to repair aortic aneurysms. In this way, the risk of rupture and its associated complications get reduced.
- Varicose Veins: You may have noticed enlarged and twisted veins occurring in the legs, which is Varicose Veins issue. It is not life-threatening but can cause discomfort and aesthetic worries.
Specialists offer minimally invasive treatments such as laser therapy, sclerotherapy, and radiofrequency ablation to effectively manage varicose veins.
- Cerebrovascular Diseases: When the blood vessels catering to the brain get affected, it triggers an ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke. Rapid diagnosis and treatment are crucial to minimize brain damage.
Vascular disease clinic provide advanced stroke care to remove clots and restore blood flow. It includes –
- Thrombolytic therapy
- Endovascular procedures
- Vascular Malformations: Vascular malformations are abnormal formations of blood vessels that may require specialized treatment.
To address these complex conditions, the vascular surgeons offer a comprehensive approach, including –
- Other innovative interventions
Scottsdale’s medical landscape boasts a robust network of healthcare professionals and state-of-the-art facilities dedicated to diagnosing, treating, and managing various vascular diseases.